The daily struggle

Life has been a bit uneven at the J household. A was gone for a full week with my mom. I had GT training, so A was whisked away to spend a week with Grams. I envisioned movie nights, a clean house, and bliss-filled sleep. I got none of these things! J and I went to no movies, the house did not get cleaned, and I was found that I missed A so much it was hard to fall asleep. I have to say I am a bit disappointed. I feel like J and I missed an opportunity...
When we met my mom to pick A up on Sunday it was apparent that A was very spoiled. Amazing how one week away can break all the good habits and replace them! Grams had let A sleep in the bed with her, gave her mid-night bottles, and all kinds of "bad" food. To say that the first night back was a rough one is an understatement. A woke up at 11:30 and was up crying and fussing until 12:30. This is the first time in a while that she hasn't slept through the night. I am dreading tonight. I know that makes me sound awful, but I had so enjoyed those nights of sleeping straight till 6:30 or 7. Oh well, the life of a parent I suppose.
The daily struggle comes from A's super strong personality. She is so stubborn! I love it, but some days...Ah well, I should enjoy it while I can.


Also just as a side note, I am currently obsessed with Steampunk fashion. Now, I am not all about the full regalia, but I love the look of it. The boots, the vests, the Victorian blouses, I love it very very much. I think if I meet my weight loss goal this year, I may just have to replenish my wardrobe with a few Steampunk-esque pieces.
That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment