It is 110 Degrees and I Hate Everything*

I think the title of my post sums it up. I am desperately ready for fall, though in TX, fall can often feel like summer light. I hate the heat, I hate that my TV died last night, I hate that I got up, went to the gym at 5:00 this morning and there was a sub in spin, and I hate that we are going back on a budget.

Oh well right? We will make due. Fall will come, and after that winter (Glorious winter!). I will get to wear my tights and boots. Being on a budget means we can afford a new TV sooner rather than later, so long as we watch other areas. Plus this means we can get out of debt faster.

To counter balance the "hate" I put out in the universe today, here is a list of five things I love:

1. My family--totally cheesy I know, but I do. When A and I went to the store today for groceries (we had nothing to eat, nothing I tell you!) I looked in the rear-view mirror and she was reading her coloring book. I know it doesn't seem special to anyone else, but it made me laugh and smile. Two things I was determined to not do today.

2. My friends--One of best friends has been out of the country for a year, and she is 33 (maybe even 32 now) days away from coming home. This makes me super happy.

3. A future vacation--with some of my friends. We are in the very early stages of planning a girl's trip. Somewhere. Exciting. And NOT 110 degrees. Granted that is almost a year away, but it makes me happy to think about the 5 of us going somewhere new together.

4. Teacher In-service Week--this is probably an unpopular thing to love, but I do! I love getting a week to reconnect with my fellow teachers, catch up on what happened over the summer, plan for the year, and catch my breath before the school year is really upon me.

5. Target's Rotisserie Chicken--I don't have to cook tonight! What's not to love about that?

What do hate and/or love today?

1 comment:

  1. I so understand this. I hate this heat. I hate being a debby downer, but the heat just makes me that way!

    ReplyDelete