Well, One Month Has Come and Gone

I weigh the same.

I will readily admit that I blew off the first two weeks of the month. However, I actually got up 9 days the last two weeks at 4:45 and went to the gym. It has actually gotten relatively easy to make myself get up. Now, if I could just get everything else in line....

It is frustrating to do a lot of work (or what feels like a lot of work) and see no result. This is why people quit. Why should I keep depriving myself of an extra hour and a half of sleep when nothing is even happening? These are the thoughts that cycled through my head this morning when I got on the scale.

I know people will talk about inches and the way clothes fit, but that hasn't changed either. I also know people will say you can't expect to see changes overnight. But, when you are in a low place already, not seeing any change is the reason you fail. (I speak for myself only, obviously.) If I don't see a change, I make a bad choice. One bad choice leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to no weight loss or even weight gain.

I am jealous of those people who can work out 3 times a week, cut out one coke a day and then Poof, 10 pounds melt away. I think I am one of those unfortunate people that will have to work out 5-7 times a week, cut out all soda, and count calories just to see any results at all. I hate that.

I am not asking for the easy way out. I will go to the gym. I will give up cokes (tomorrow I promise!). I will use a child's plate to help with portion size. All I am asking for in return is that by the end of November to see some change on the scale!


Trunk or treat 2011.
This is the 2nd post in what is my year long quest to healthy. On the last Sunday of the month, I will update this. No weight talk in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment