Pinterest to Reality #3

This Pinterest to Reality is a two-fer. Today I tackled the sopapilla cheesecake. 
Pinterest Via My Yellow Umbrella

And the scrapbook/tile coasters.
Pinterest Via Two Girls Being Crafty
The cheesecake is a bit of a misnomer, it is not a traditional cheesecake, but it does mix sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese.
The gang's all here! Crescent rolls, cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and butter.

Step 1: Lay out one can (or 1 1/2) of Crescent rolls.

Step 2: Combine softened cream cheese (2 8 oz pkg), vanilla (1 tsp), and sugar (1 cup).

Step 3: Mix it! Mix it good!

Step 4: Spread the mixture.

Step 5: Cover with the other roll (or roll and 1/2) of crescents.

Step 6: Pour the melted butter over the top, then sprinkle a sugar/cinnamon mixture over it.

Step 7: Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

I have not tasted the finished product yet....but I think my picture looks pretty close to the original!

The other project I undertook today was making coasters using ceramic tile and scrapbook paper. I won't do a step-by-step pictorial of this unless it is requested, but I do want to make a few things clear. All the sites I found that talked about how to do this talk about how cheap it is. It is cheap....if you scrapbook. If you don't, then it is less cheap. I spent 1.74 at Lowe's for 16 white ceramic tiles. Obviously that is incredibly cheap. The tiles were .10 a piece! BUT, I spent 50.00 at Hobby Lobby. I needed Mod Podge, spray Acrylic Sealant, scrapbook paper, and cork board. I made 4 sets though, so I feel like I can divide that 52.00 by 4. Plus, I still have TONS of scrapbook paper and Mod Podge left, so the next time I want to do this project, it will be cheap. If you already have the MP and the paper, then your overall cost will be far less than mine. Anyway, here are my finished sets!
The first set I made, please ignore my ugly blue craft towel.

Set 1. Animal print and red, for Gigi.

Set 2, blue, green, and brown.

Another shot of set 2.

Set 3, birds, flower, brown and blue.

Closer of set 3.

Set 4.

Set 4.

I have to say, I feel like this round of Pinterest to Reality was a good one! My work was pretty close to my inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment