Just A New Obsession

So this month I started thinking about upcoming birthday parties. I will be 29 on May 16th, A will be 3 on May 20th, J will be 30 on September 7th. All of these days are far away. I know this, but I can't stop party planning! I got the idea in my head, and now I am  spending hours (literal hours) on Pinterest and party blogs looking for ideas.

I guess some might say I have some obsessive tendencies, I think I am just slightly type A. (I am not worrying about my birthday; 29 is not worth noting. And for my 30th, I dont want a party, I want Lasik!)

I am of course in the early stages of party planning, and this will probably be my obsession for 5 or 6 months. All of my plans require a patio in the backyard....so I am going to be giving up my spring break to put in a paver patio. The leading idea for A's party is a painting party. The leading idea for J's is a beer tasting.


Original Link


Original Link

Again, these may change, or I will obsess over making those two ideas into the best I can. I have not ever really thrown a big birthday party. A's 1st was just family and close friends. Her 2nd was at My Gym (I did nothing). I have never had a party for J. So, this will be a new experience for me. All this planning and looking has sparked major house envy and yard envy.

My game plan (so far)
Step 1: Major cleaning of entire house over the course of 5 months. (No, my house is not filthy, but if you are having a party, it has to be perfect!)
Step 2: Put in a paver patio.
Step 3: Clean up backyard.
Step 4: Pick perfect party idea.
Step 5: Execute party plan.

Sounds simple, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment