A's First Ballet Class

Today we reached a mile-stone in the J household. My sweet baby (not a baby really) had her first ballet class today. She has been playing ballet for months, and J and I had toyed with the idea of getting her involved in some class. We looked at gymnatics, dance, and even sports. None of the sports programs begin until age 4, and the gymnastics classes were a bit pricey.

Luckily there is a moderatly priced dance studio about 5 minutes from our house. I stopped by one day to get some information, and found that they offered a "creative movement" class for ages 2-4. They also offered this class on Saturdays! I felt like this was too many good pieces of information to ignore. Classes began on January 3rd, meaning the first Saturday class would be on the 7th, so I knew we had to act fast. I brought the info home and J and I made the choice to sign her up.

We told her about it, asked her if she was intersted and of course, she immediatly lit up. A and I took a few trips around town to find the perfect ballet outfits (2 pink, 2 blue, leg warmers, tights, and ballet shoes).

This morning, she ran into our room at 5:45 wanting to know if it was time for ballet.

Finally at 9:15, it was time! We were not able to take pictures in the actual studio, but J did lurk at the one-way mirror and flim bits of it.



So there it is, a sneak peak at A's first ballet class! I can't wait to see how she progresses in the upcoming weeks and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment