Stress and Relief

Today I had a 90 minute massage. It was 90 minutes of pure bliss. (Aqua did a great job!)

I carry a lot of stress. I worry about things. A sorts of things.
  • A
  • A behaving badly
  • A getting sick
  • Something (anything really) happening to A at all
  • J
  • Our marriage
  • Money
  • My weight
  • My job
  • My family
  • The green car
  • A cursing in public (Her dad taught her "sucker" she modified it.)
  • Dying before I am 90
  • Our house burning down
  • Our house not selling when the time comes

Those are just a few things off the top of my head that I have worried about in the last 24 hours. I am glad that J is easygoing. I need that in my life. I also need more massages. It was an amazing hour and a half where I was able to shut my mind off and let all those worries float away. They came crashing back down once I got in the car and realized it was out of gas.

I find that exercise also gives me a moments reprise from stress. I swim on Sunday and for that 30 minutes I can just enjoy the water.  I can ignore the stresses during spin too, but that is because I am in so much pain and trying to just breathe!

Are you like me? Do you carry a year's worth of stress with you at all times? What do you do to find relief?

1 comment:

  1. don't stress! you're an awesome daughter, wife, mother, teacher, and friend! i know i'm lucky to call you my best friend!!!! next time you get a massage let me know...i'll go! love you!

    ReplyDelete