Day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

I recently joined a site called My Fitness Pal. I had previously been a member of Sparkpeople, but I found it tedious to use. My Fitness Pal is much more user friendly! It is a place where you can log your exercise and calories. Anyway, MFP also has message boards. I was browsing through them recently and found several pictures from people who had done Jillian Michaels 30  Day Shred. Even when they didn't lose weight, they lost inches!

February and the first two weeks of March were rough for me weight wise. I quit the gym, started eating whatever I wanted, and drinking 4 or 5 Dr. Pepper's a day. Any good I had accomplished was very quickly undone.

Spring Break I decided it was time to get back on track. I joined MFP and began tracking everything I was eating. However, as we all know, eating less isn't enough to change a body on its own. Enter exercise.

I had already quit the gym, so I have had to find some alternative ways to work out. 

Today we bought a bike for me and a bike trailer for A.  This way, J can roller blade and I can ride my bike. Tonight we went for a 15 minute cruise around the neighborhood.

While at Wal-Mart (You know I was desperate if I was willing to go to Wal-Mart for ANYTHING), I picked up the JM 30Day Shred DVD. I talked my Sis-in-Law into doing it with me.

The way the program works is this: there are three levels. The idea is that you will do each level for ten days before moving on to the next. I suppose that if you were already in excellent shape, you could do just a few days at level one and two, then the remaining days at the hardest level. Obviously we started with level one.

Can I just say that Jillian Michaels is really the devil? Every time C or I wanted to quit, she knew! I don't know how she knew, but boy did she. About 3 minutes into the warm up we were both huffing and puffing. I would say 10 minutes in we were both ready to quit. But, we did not! We stuck it out for the entire 20 minutes (plus warm up and cool down). 

The most Unflattering photo in the world.
Here is photographic proof of our completion of day 1. I hope to post again after day 10, day 20, and day 30. There is no way I would ever post such a horrible picture of myself if I did not believe I could change. This is my before, I can not wait to find my after!

No comments:

Post a Comment