One of My Favorite Places

What is it about time? When you are waiting for something fun, like Spring Break, time seems to take forever to move. Then the minute that fun thing arrives, like Spring Break, time flies! I know that was the case for my family this week.

Getting ready to leave, on a St. Patty's Day adventure!

We mostly spent the week doing nothing, but on Saturday the entire family (all three of us) went to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. If you have never been, I can not recommend it enough! We took A to see a Sesame Street show at the planetarium, then we spent a few hours exploring the exhibits. The great thing about this museum is that it encourages touching! They have a children's museum designed for kids under 8, they have a Dino Dig, they have Science rooms with demonstrations, and much more.

We got to the museum right as the doors were opening, and there was already a line. J stood in line while A and I explored the lobby a bit. Soon enough though, we were ready to explore! Our planetarium show started at 10:45, so we decided to go visit the dinosaurs first.

We spent about 15 minutes looking at the bones and pictures, then headed upstairs. We went into the cattle drive exhibit and A  rode a mechanical horse!

After that, it was time for the show. No picture of that, as it was very dark!

Then we went back downstairs to visit the children's room and the innovation studio.

A holding a cloud!

Typical J family shot.

I personally have a major love for "the Omni". Growing up, as I have mentioned, I lived in a very small town. The family trips to Fort Worth sometimes included a trip to the Omni (our shorthand name for the museum, though it really applies just to the theater). We would always get the triple treat, which meant getting to go to the exhibits, the planetarium, and the omni. I have only good memories of my visits. My 6th grade field trip was to the FW Science and History. J and I even went on several dates there.

I am so glad that I can now take my own daughter to this wonderful place. A place that encourages imagination, play, and discovery. There should be more places like this in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment