Why I've Been Away

I have been a bit neglectful of my blog lately. My attention has been focused on crafting. It is amazing how relaxing I find it to be. I never ever thought I would be a crafting person. I painted a lot in school, but this is different. I have been working on rosette headbands and clips, and tutu dresses.





Snow White inspired tutu dress.

I am hoping to actually turn this into a side business, maybe. It feels strange to put that hope out in to the universe, but there it is. I feel butterflies even typing this. I have a lot of self-doubt, and I would be constantly worried that a buyer would not be happy with the finished product, but I think it is something I want to try. I am still working on figuring out my real costs, so I don't have prices or anything yet. This is a still raw, still forming, bud of an idea....

I would need to figure my actual cost, then the amount I would charge per dress. The math is a struggle for me, and I would never want to overcharge a friend. I have been hunting online for the best prices I can find. I don't know what else it would take to actually get this idea off the ground, so if any of you have any tips please send them my way!!


Edited to add a picture of the Rapunzel dress I just finished.







2 comments:

  1. You could always make a few and put them on one of the facebook auction sites. Little Elm even has one! They work like ebay. You determine a starting bit price and a date that the auction closes. Then just wait and see how much people are willing to spend. This might give you a good idea of what you could charge.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete