Not So Scary Movies

If there is one thing that is 100% true about me, it is this--I hate being scared. I hate scary movies. I hate haunted houses. I hate that panicky feeling I get. BUT, I love Halloween! (What can I say, I am a contradiction.) I have friends (and a mom) who love scary things, but not me. I am a chicken at heart. I think I have been to two haunted houses ever (I worked in one my senior year for Senior Club, but I knew it was us doing the scaring.) I have seen one Jason/Freddy movie, that one where they fight each other, and I did not see that until I was 20 years old. 
Bunny M. I wasn't ever a chicken, this is the only animal costume picture I could find!

With that, here are my top ten favorite (Not scary at all) Halloween movies! 


10. Buffy the Vampire Slayer--I love the series too, but it is actually a little scary. The Kristie Swanson/Luke Perry movie version is pure fluff and fun, which makes it perfect in my book!

9. Practical Magic--Love this movie! I hate the part at the start, you know which part, but love the ending. 

8. Death Becomes Her--This was one of my favorite movies when I was 10. I don't know what that says about me. 

7.  Young Frankenstein--"I am not a Frankenstein. I'm a Fronkensteen." 

6. The Rocky Horror Picture Show--So strange. So off. So awesome.

5. Any Harry Potter film--They just have that Halloween vibe to them.

4. It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown--The best part about this is watching it with A. Plus it is only a half hour long!

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas--One of the most beautiful and original movies I've seen. 

2. Shaun of the Dead--This one is actually a little scary, so there. But I still love it. 

1. Hocus Pocus--I can't wait until A is a bit older, so she and I can bunker down on Halloween night to watch this one together!
Bunny A. Halloween 2011--Age 2.

Honorable Mention: Army of Darkness--I didn't know about the greatness of Bruce Campbell until college (thanks Ang!!) but once I learned about him, I quickly fell in love. I even own his autobiography. It seems inappropriate to leave him off my list.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts.. I remember when we used to go in your bathroom and do "bloody Mary" and that freaky design with the candles scared us!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember this! That bathroom was so scary! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete