I Can Cook

Today's post is about a week late. I swear this time of year it so busy, I can barely keep up with my normal requirements! Today's post is also not low cal. It is not low fat. It does, however, taste awesome!

Spicy Romano Chicken, or as we call it my house "Minnie-Bows".


Ingredients Needed:
  • Minnie Bows, or as the rest of the world calls them, Farfalle pasta
  • Fresh mushroom
  • Oil-packed Sun dried tomatoes
  • Minced garlic
  • Chicken
  • Hard Romano cheese
  • Heavy cream
  • Cayenne pepper


Boil your water.


Saute your chicken. (I am totally lazy and use the pre-cooked kind that Target sells next to the lunch meat. I like to saute it in the pan though with some Italian seasoning and minced garlic.)


Chop your mushrooms. The whole ones are cheaper than the sliced ones, but it is all up to you.


 Add your mushrooms to the chicken. Let them saute a bit. At this point, hopefully your water is boiling. If it is, put your noodles in the water.


Grate the cheese. It really needs to be the wedge kind, not prepackaged. (You know I am telling the truth since I have no qualms about using "the cheaters chicken".) The packaged cheese will not melt as nicely, and you will have a hard time finding Romano alone. The kind we use for this is up towards the deli section with the other "fancy" cheeses.

Drain the oil from the Sun dried tomatoes. Then add the whole jar (if you love these guys the way I do, less if you don't.) of tomatoes to the same pan where your mushrooms and chicken are.
By this point, your noodles should be ready to drain. Drain them, then add them to the chicken, mushroom, tomatoes. I had to switch to the larger pot rather than just a skillet, which was poor planning on my part.

Pour in the cream. I told you this was not a low calorie meal.

Mix it up!

Add the grated cheese.

Add the cayenne pepper. Cayenne is a slow burn, so you may need to play it safe to start.

Eat! Okay, not really yet, let the sauce thicken a bit, let the flavors meld a bit, then eat. My Bug loves eating Minnie bows! It also makes my family leftovers galore.

No comments:

Post a Comment