Well, I am Almost 30 But My List Is Not Complete

30. Participate in a Relay for Life or St. Jude's walk with my friends to support those that have/are battling cancer. (November 2012)
29. Go on a beach vacation with my family.--We are taking a trip to Disney in August, so no beach for us.
28. Stick to a budget for 3 months. (January 2013-April 2013)
27. Paint a piece of art for my house (I have already done this, but would love to do another big piece) I painted a shower curtain, the walls, and a piece of easy art for the Bug's bathroom makeover.
26. Take a girl's trip. Went to Gulf Shores, AL with my three best friends! June 9-June 15
25. Read 10 (new to me) books--FAIL. Worst English teacher ever.

  • Outliers
  • Bossypants
  • The Surgeon 
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
  • Ms. Perrigran's Home for Unusual Children
  • The Son of Jupiter
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty
  • The Historian
24. Go to another music festival (Cheating, but I did go to the Arts and Jazz Fest!)
23. Learn CPR--Nope. Another failure.
22. Set up an online shop (or Ebay account) to sell all the baby clothes/toys A has out grown. Not an online sell, but we did have a large garage sale in April, and sold all of the big baby items and made a big dent in the clothes.
21. Pay off my 2 biggest credit cards. Giving myself partial credit on this, we are working on getting them paid off!


20. Find a church home for my family.--Still looking.
19. Take a (mostly) unplanned road trip with the family. --We are just not spontaneous people.
18. Go camping with A. (Campover complete with smores December 2012)
17. Make a beautifully decorated cake.--HAHAHAHAHAH. Nope.
16. Learn how to sew, the basics. Taught myself (with help from the internet) how to sew on a button!
15. Truly clean out my closet (and my backup closet where I stash the clothes I might want to keep). Taken care of with the garage sale we had in April.
14. Paint both bathrooms. One down, one to go.
13. Master 5 new recipes. Three brand new ones down!
12. Go ice skating.--No, maybe over the summer.
11. Seriously cut back (maybe even give up) Dr. Pepper for reals. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

10. Lose 50 pounds.--(6/17) at 20!! (7/29) at 28. (11/10) at 44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This deserves its own post. Sheesh. I have been bouncing between 42 and 44 pounds lost since November. I can not seem to get past that. Although, since I have been eating too much, drinking too many Dr. Pepper's, and not working out it is really no wonder. This is the one I am most disappointed about though.
 
9. Find two projects on Pinterest and replicate them.--Love Bugs 2/13 and Water Marbling Nails 3/10
8. Try to increase my blog readership.--Up to 14 followers, had two posts break 300 views, created Twitter feed, and a Facebook page for my blog!
7. Visit a new-to-me museum.--No new museums, just old favorites.
6. Sing karaoke. (I have never done this!)--Still no on this :(
5. Visit my Pepaw's grave. April 8th, 2012.  Visit my Granny and Grandpa's graves.
4. Sell a tutu dress to someone other than family.Thanks T! October 2012
3. Make a decision regarding grad school. Choice made, yes, but not now.
2. Spend a late night hunting shooting stars and constellations with A and J. (Watched the Perseid meteor shower.)
1. Teach A something new.Taught my Bug how to spell cat and dog, and how to write her name! August 2012

So, things did not go so great in my quest to complete this list before I turn the big 3-0. (Unless I have an amazing week and half!) But that is okay. I am trying to move into my 30's in a happy confident manner. Maybe I will meet my 50 pound (or 60?) goal in my first year as a 30-something. Or maybe I won't. I do know that I am looking forward to going out with friends this weekend, throwing my daughter a super fun princess party next weekend, wrapping up what has been a frantic school year, and going on a kick-ass Disney trip with my family. So yes, 30 is on the horizon, but so are a lot of other amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment