29. Go on a beach vacation with my family.--We are taking a trip to Disney in August, so no beach for us.
25. Read 10 (new to me) books--FAIL. Worst English teacher ever.
- The Surgeon
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Ms. Perrigran's Home for Unusual Children
- The Son of Jupiter
- A Great and Terrible Beauty
- The Historian
23. Learn CPR--Nope. Another failure.
21. Pay off my 2 biggest credit cards. Giving myself partial credit on this, we are working on getting them paid off!
20. Find a church home for my family.--Still looking.
19. Take a (mostly) unplanned road trip with the family. --We are just not spontaneous people.
17. Make a beautifully decorated cake.--HAHAHAHAHAH. Nope.
14. Paint both bathrooms. One down, one to go.
13. Master 5 new recipes. Three brand new ones down!
12. Go ice skating.--No, maybe over the summer.
11. Seriously cut back (maybe even give up) Dr. Pepper for reals. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
10. Lose 50 pounds.--(6/17) at 20!! (7/29) at 28. (11/10) at 44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This deserves its own post. Sheesh. I have been bouncing between 42 and 44 pounds lost since November. I can not seem to get past that. Although, since I have been eating too much, drinking too many Dr. Pepper's, and not working out it is really no wonder. This is the one I am most disappointed about though.
7. Visit a new-to-me museum.--No new museums, just old favorites.
6. Sing karaoke. (I have never done this!)--Still no on this :(
So, things did not go so great in my quest to complete this list before I turn the big 3-0. (Unless I have an amazing week and half!) But that is okay. I am trying to move into my 30's in a happy confident manner. Maybe I will meet my 50 pound (or 60?) goal in my first year as a 30-something. Or maybe I won't. I do know that I am looking forward to going out with friends this weekend, throwing my daughter a super fun princess party next weekend, wrapping up what has been a frantic school year, and going on a kick-ass Disney trip with my family. So yes, 30 is on the horizon, but so are a lot of other amazing things!