Wants and Needs: Fall 2013

I decided to wait on recapping Disney, don't worry, I will. (If you follow me on Instagram you have had a sneak peak as events happened.) But, I need some time to sort out the pictures, and recoup! So instead, I am getting my self ready for the upcoming school year by making a list of the things I want (to do) and the things I need (to do). Some of these items are tangible, others are abstract.

Wants:
  • Paint my darn bathroom and frame out the mirror
  • Paint a chevron rug for A's room (and maybe my classroom)
  • Lose 35 more pounds (ugh)
  • Find and paint more frames to update our photo wall
  • Paint or create some art for my classroom
  • Redo our master bedroom
  • Buy new clothes for back to school
Needs:
  • Lose 15 pounds (ha)
  • Get back to blogging on the regular (at least once a week)
  • Make a better long-term plan
  • To figure out where A will go to Kinder in Fall of 2014
  • Spend better time with A
  • Work out 4x a week
  • Buy new black flats (yes that is a need!)
  • Work on my outlook
I am going to try very hard to post outfit posts with details once a week, plus a content post twice a month. Little by little, I will get myself back into blogging shape! I am also wanting to get back into DIY projects. One of my best friends is thinking of opening her own Etsy store, and I have to admit I felt a pang of jealousy when she mentioned it. I have toyed with the idea, but lack the needed self motivation and belief in my product to follow through. She need not worry about this, because she is AMAZINGLY talented. The fact that she is also a mom to two little girls (both 3 and under) just adds to my amazement. She is one of those super moms that you hope only exist on Pinterest, lifestyle parenting blogs, and magazines. She is my inspiration to get back on the DIY wagon this Fall!

Weight wise, this summer was a huge bust. I am 7 pounds higher than I was when school ended, and 5 pounds over what I wanted to be my "max weight." I had two great weeks of working out, then went to Moorseville. I had a week break between that trip and Disney and just didn't get back to it. If you work with me, expect to see dresses for the first few weeks as I am certain my work pants won't fit!!

I cried a lot this summer. (Shocker.) This is A's last year of preschool. I feel completely unprepared for the thought of having a child in school, and I feel desperate to slow time. I know that can't happen, so instead I want to savor this year. Savor her being 4, then 5, then 6....I know I will blink and she will be 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment