Well, thanks to a surprise ice storm granting me a day off I did.
- Lighted garland (I recommend a battery operated one and will explain why)
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Decorative balls
- Additional decorative accents (I used butterflies, pine cones, and snowflakes)
- A large clear work area (I recommend the floor!)
So now, on to the process.
- Step 1: lay out the garland.
- You will probably need to fluff and rearrange the branches of your garland, especially if you do buy a cheaper one, speaking from personal experience.
- Step 2: lay out the materials.
- I essentially did a test run where I placed everything before committing to glue.
- The butterflies all had clips, so I started by spacing them out then I sorted all the balls I had to make sure I didn't end up with all the greens in one section.
- Step 3: once you are happy with your layout, start gluing.
- I started at the end and worked section by section.
- I glued the pine cone for that section first, then worked from butterfly to butterfly. Once I had all the glitter balls in place I added a snowflake.
- I adjusted and made small changes, but I can say for certain that laying everything out first helped!
- Step 4: Place on your mantle and enjoy!